Mar 18, 2009

Cherry Garden - Dim Sum Buffet

My family was at Cherry Garden last Sunday for my aunt's birthday lunch. The restaurant is situated at 5th floor of Mandarin Oriental. One of the fine dining chinese restaurant in Singapore and this was also our first visit. The restaurant is nicely decorated with a peaceful ambience. Surprisely it was quiet on Sunday lunch hour as only 2 to 3 tables were occupied. Is it due to recession, everybody are trying to tighten their belt....

It's a ala-carte dim sum buffet but I think we were more attracted by their specialties and appetizers. Probably because most dim sums end up tasting the same after a few dumplings, you just don't feel like eating anymore. Even though they have a wide variety of steam dumplings to choose from but the based fillings are mainly prawns and seafood. Still, overall dim sum quality was good, very fresh and creative. Eg. mini abalone siew mai. My favorite in our selection was the scallop & spinach dumpling. I like the crystal chewy skin with it's juicy filling. And surprisingly, the XLB was one of the best that I have eaten. Simply delicious!

Dim Sum




These were the rest of our pick. All were quite good especially the Roast Duck and Black pig w/asparagus. Let my pictures speak for themselves as I'm too lazy go through each and every dishes.

Specialties & Others




We tried all the dessert listed on the menu, my favorite was the avocado cream w/walnut ice cream. Creamy and soothing with the fragrant of walnut and with the right sweetness. Yummy!


Dessert


Overall, it's a nice dining experience with excellent and attentive service in a wonderful environment but rather pricey at S$45++ per pax. (about S$55 net) Thanks to my brother too for giving us a treat
again.


Cherry Garden
5 Raffles Avenue
Marina Square
5F Mandarin Oriental
Singapore
Tel: 6885-3538
Weekend A-la-carte Dim Sum Buffet
Saturday & Sunday, two seatings:
11.00 am - 1.00pm & 1.30pm to 3.00 pm

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.

Big Boys Oven said...

I am now drowning with all the display of your lovely food encounter . . . so yummy already for me now 9am! hehehehe

Wen said...

Hi Sunny & Sid,

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Rgds
Wendy

Post a Comment

Popular Posts