Mar 5, 2009

Pine Garden's Cake

Yesterday, went for wisdom teeth extraction at Ang Mo Kio. After dentist I dropped by Pine Garden's to buy some cakes back to try. I been hearing and reading a lot about this neighbourhood cake shop. I only tried their pandan cake which's comparable to Bengawan Solo.

There are quite a selection of cakes to choose from and the prices are pretty reasonable ranging from $2.40 to $2.50 per slice. These were some of the deilightful cakes I bought:

Bailey Choc Pearl


Blackforest


Lychee Martini


Tiramisu



Their sponge cake is quite special, it's moist, fine, buttery and soft. It's almost melt in your mouth thus made me can't stop at first bite. Among my selection, my favorite is the Bailey Choc Pearl, you can really taste the bailey and it goes so well with the choc pearl. Yummy. The blackforest is good too but the lychee martini is too sweet for my liking. As for the Tiramisu, actually don't taste like one at all. No coffee & liquor taste, more like a choc cake with vanilla mousse. I'm looking forward to try their Mai Shang Wang Durian Cake which only available during season.

Other than cakes, I bought some of their pastries for my Aunt who don't eat cream cakes. Nothing special just some traditional neighbourhood standard curry puff & tarts.


Almond Tarts @ $0.50/pc


Curry Puff @ $1.10/ea


Pine Garden's Cake 
Blk 529 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10
#01-2369/2329
Tel: 6457 6159
Daily: 8.30am - 9.30pm

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts