Dec 16, 2010

Camembert & Black Pepper Chiffon


23 Nov 2010

Camembert cheese & black pepper? What an unique combination of flavour for chiffon cake. Tried this recipe from Junko Fukuda - Chiffon Cake Book for Aspiring Baker #1 but didn't submit this entry as it was an unsuccessful attempt. The cake turned out to be like 'kueh kueh' instead of the usual chiffony texture and tasted kind of weird. What a pity... wasted a box of camambert cheese. I think camambert tasted so much better alone with cracker or in tarts than in cake. Anyway you never try you never know, right? I'm not going to share the recipe since I don't think is worth trying.




11 comments :

j3ss kitch3n said...

ah but your pictures look soft to me wor!

Wen said...

haha... it's not at all!

Angie's Recipes said...

This has got to be one of the most creative chiffon cakes I have seen in a long while!

Wen said...

Hi Angie, I think so too but too bad it didn't turn out well.

The Sweetylicious said...

picture lie too?? it looks soft and nice!

Wen said...

Haha... thanks to the camera!

WendyinKK said...

I know what you mean by being kuih like.
It happened to my cheddar chiffon too.

Wen said...

Hi Wendy, ya you are right. The cheese just didn't blend into the cake like cream cheese.

hanushi said...

I have kueh like texture before... I think is for my unsuccessful yam chiffon... any idea what makes a chiffon kueh like texture?

Wen said...

Hi Hanushi, I think it may due to overfolding.

hanushi said...

I see I see... Thanks for the info! :)

Post a Comment

Popular Posts