Jan 31, 2011

CNY Bakes 2011 - Jam Cookies


I chanced upon this recipe last week at Eveybody Loves A Sweet Ending by Jamieteo. It looked really interesting and was very yummy according her. I decided to add it into my CNY bakes. Make a batch over the weekend. The cookies are really light and puffy, love the not overly sweet jam too. Another very addictive cookies...lol! Believe me can't stop at one. Brought some to office today and my colleagues kept coming back for more after trying. This recipe is definitely a keeper. I will be submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #3 - My favourite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011) hosted by J3ss Kitch3n.



I used a small pineapple tart cutter instead of doing the thumb print style. I find it easier and faster by using the cutter. And prettier too! Don't you think so?



The cookie will double it size after bake so try to use a smaller mould.

Recipe adapted from Jaimeteo
Jam Cookies
Ingredients:
80g Icing sugar (Sift)
30g Milk powder (Sift)
60g Shortening (Crisco)
80g Butter
A pinch of salt
2 Egg yolks
200g Self raising flour/Cake flour (I used self raising)
1/4 tsp Baking powder
Beaten egg for egg wash
3 tbsp jam (NTUC’s raspberry jam ideal for this according to Jaime)


Method:
Preheat oven at 170C
1. Combine confectioners sugar, milk powder, shortening, butter and salt. Beat till soft.
2. Add egg yolks into the batter over 2 times and mix well.
3. Gently fold flour and baking powder into the mixture using a rubber spatula.
4. Refrigerate dough for 2hrs.
5. Flour tabletop and roll dough into a long strip. Cut into small pieces and roll into balls then slightly flatten. Press a hole in the middle. *** I find that using a pineapple tart cutter is easier.
6. Egg wash and place a little jam in the hole.
7. Bake at 170 deg for 15-17 mins.










*** HAPPY RABBIT YEAR TO ALL! ***

8 comments :

j3ss kitch3n said...

wow this is beautiful! i can imagine how yummy this is!

Wen said...

Thanks J3ss! Wish I can pass you some to try...lol!

NEL, the batter baker said...

Gorgeous cookies, Wen. They look so pretty with the red centres.

j3ss kitch3n said...

hehe sure got chance de! i want the golden pinapple balls as well! hehe eh your green tea marbled cookies link not working?

Wen said...

Thanks Nel for your lovely compliment! Wishing you and your family a Happy Chinese New Year!

Wen said...

Hi J3ss, I fix it already.

Graciex said...

wondering if you've any idea what I could substitute the milk powder with cause nobody drinks that in my house :(

wensdelight said...

Maybe you can replace with non-dairy creamer. Those for coffee or just omit it. The milk powder is to add flavour to the cookie. Happy baking!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts