Apr 13, 2011

Sicilian Orange Cake & Another Award

23 Mar 2011

This is a very delicious orange cake, very soft, light, crumbly, flavourful and buttery! Highly recommended by Jess. I tried out the recipe right away the next day after seeing her post. It's so nice that my colleague asked me to bake one for her. So I already baked this twice within a month. Definitely is a keeper. Thanks Jess for sharing!


Sicilian Orange Cake


Recipe adapted from J3ss Kitchen

Ingredients:
250g unsalted butter, softened
250g castor sugar (I used 190g)
4 eggs
1 1/2 tsp finely grated orange zest (I use zest of one large size orange)
250g self raising flour (sifted)
85ml freshly squeezed orange juice (approx 1 orange)




Method:
Preheat oven to 170C. Grease and line the base of a 22cm round cake pan or 2 sets 8" x 3" loaf tin
1. Using a electrical beater, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, if necessary adding a spoonful of flour with the last egg to prevent the mixture from curdling. Beat in the orange zest. Add the flour all at once and mix well, then slowly mix in the orange juice.
3. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 45-50mins or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake, comes out clean. If it starts to brown too quickly, cover loosely with a sheet of lightly greased aluminum foil.
4. Leave the cake, in the pan, to cool on a wire rack, then unmold and place it on a serving plate to cool completely before serving. *** I unmould immediately to cool.






I'm felt so honored to receive this award again last week from 2 lovely bloggers - Alice from I Love. I Cook. I Bake and ZY from Baking Library! Thank you so much for passing me this award! Really appreciate it!

15 comments :

The Sweetylicious said...

CONGRATS! you deserve this award (: your blog is so lovely! btw, the cake look really soft, fluffy and moist! (: yummy!

j3ss kitch3n said...

the best orange cake i ever baked! yours looks so divine Wen! i could still remember the taste! hahaha!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

in fact it look so good, i also want to bookmark this recipe.

Anonymous said...

hi there

may i check on the weigh of the eggs?

Thanks

Sandra Lee

Hearty Bakes said...

Wen, your orange cake texture looks very fine. i can imagine how flavorful this cake. Gonna bake this too :)

Cuisine Paradise said...

I love this too!!! Lovely orangy frangrance and taste :)

Honey Bee Sweets said...

I tried this recipe before but just didn't get to post it. I have to agree this is indeed a very nice orange butter cake. :)

Janine said...

ooh i tried this yesterday as well, but in cupcake form - really nice :DD

Wen said...

Jess, totally agree with you! This is one of best for me too.

Sonia, please try baking. Look forward to your review.

Sandra, the egg I used weigh about 60-62g with shell.

Jessie, I'm sure you will like it too.

Ellena, do give this a try... really nice!

Bee Bee & Janine, glad to know that both of you have tried this out!

travellingfoodies (Alan) said...

wow! the tanned hue on the cake is so uniform! seems like this recipe is really a keeper!

Yummykoh2009 said...

I saw this at Jess' blog and have book-marked to try this. Good right?

wensdelight said...

yes, definitely a keeper!

wensdelight said...

Chris, yes very good!

Happy Homebaker said...

I'll like to add another award to your list :)
Do pick it up from my blog, cheers!

wensdelight said...

Thank you so much, HHB!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts