May 14, 2011

Lemon Curb

Blogger is unbelievably down for almost a day! I'm glad is back to normal again! First thing I do when it's back to service, I did a backup! Who's know what will happen the next time...?

While preparing the ingredients for the Mango Yogurt chiffon, I carelessly dropped my mixing bowl which contained 5 egg white...!!! Wasted 5 eggs! I really hate it when this kind of accident happened. What am I supposed to do with the 5 extra egg yolks! After sending my chiffon to bake, I start sourcing for recipe to use up my extra yolks! Oh yes found it at Jane's... I can make lemon curb, for half a recipe I can nicely use up the extra yolks!


Love the zesty & refreshing flavour plus smooth texture...


Recipe adapted from Jane of Passionate about baking 
Lemon Curd (half recipe)
Ingredients:
5 Medium eggs yolks
90g Fine sugar
1tsps Lemon zest, finely grated
90ml Fresh lemon juice
Pinch of salt
57g Unsalted butter, cubed





Method:
1. Set a fine-mesh sieve over a medium bowl and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until blended.
3. Stir in the lemon zest and juice, salt and butter and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens, 7 to 10 mins (do not let the custard boil, or it will curdle).
4. The mixture should leave a path on the back of a wooden spoon when you draw your finger across it.
5. Immediately strain the mixture through the sieve, pressing it through.
6. Stir the mixture frequently until it cooled, cover the surface of the curd with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.

3 comments :

Jean said...

oh man the curd looks so yummy that i can eat it on its own hehe
looking forward to see what delicious stuff u will whip up with the curd :)

shirley@kokken69 said...

Yes, it happens - contaminating the egg white with egg yolk. That's why I have learnt to seperate the eggs in a different bowl and transferring the whites and yolk to 2 other separate bowls. So in that case, if I mess up, I only waste 1 egg not the whole lot :) 

Angie said...

The lemon curd looks so smooth and yummy!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts