I give a little twist to my favourite Pandan chiffon cake recipe that used cooked dough method and turned it to a Mango Yogurt chiffon cake. It came out pretty fine...so happy! The cake is very soft and moist with strong mango fragrant, very refreshing!
Egg Yolk - 5 nos
Mango yogurt - 70g
Mango puree - 30g
Butter - 50g
Cake flour - 90g
Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
Fresh mango - 80g (cut into small cubes)
Egg white - 5 nos
Castor Sugar - 70g
Cream of tar tar - 1/8 tsp
Method:Preheat oven at 170 deg C
1. Cook yogurt, butter and mango puree together till butter melted, while is warmed add in sifted flour (flour & baking powder) and mix well.
2. Follow by egg yolks, add in slowly and mix well, follow by mango cubes to mix well. Set aside.
3. Whisk egg whites till foamy and add in sugar & cream of tar tar whisk till stiff.
4. Add in 1/3 meringue into the cooked dough and fold well.
5. Pour this mixture back to the balance meringue and fold well till the mixture is well mix.
6. Pour into a 20cm chiffon mould, bake at 170 deg C for the 1st 10min, then use 150 deg C bake for 35 mins.
7. Invert the cake to cool, unmould when completely cooled.
(Tip: has to fold fast when the dough is still warmed - note that for mango, the dough will be quite watery as compared to the Pandan dough)