Blogger is unbelievably down for almost a day! I'm glad is back to normal again! First thing I do when it's back to service, I did a backup! Who's know what will happen the next time...?
While preparing the ingredients for the Mango Yogurt chiffon, I carelessly dropped my mixing bowl which contained 5 egg white...!!! Wasted 5 eggs! I really hate it when this kind of accident happened. What am I supposed to do with the 5 extra egg yolks! After sending my chiffon to bake, I start sourcing for recipe to use up my extra yolks! Oh yes found it at Jane's... I can make lemon curb, for half a recipe I can nicely use up the extra yolks!
Love the zesty & refreshing flavour plus smooth texture...
Recipe adapted from Jane of Passionate about baking
Lemon Curd (half recipe)
5 Medium eggs yolks
90g Fine sugar
1tsps Lemon zest, finely grated
90ml Fresh lemon juice
Pinch of salt
57g Unsalted butter, cubed
1. Set a fine-mesh sieve over a medium bowl and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until blended.
3. Stir in the lemon zest and juice, salt and butter and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens, 7 to 10 mins (do not let the custard boil, or it will curdle).
4. The mixture should leave a path on the back of a wooden spoon when you draw your finger across it.
5. Immediately strain the mixture through the sieve, pressing it through.
6. Stir the mixture frequently until it cooled, cover the surface of the curd with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.