Jul 25, 2011

Weekend Cooking I - Minced meat & baked bean with rice

I love to cook on weekends but usually are simple dishes that can be whipped up within 30 mins. Saw this simple dish over at Nasi Lemak Lover, I knew it's going to be good and I'm right!



Minced meat & baked bean, luncheon meat, sunny side up & fresh sliced cucumber served with steamed rice! The combination is amazing, complimented each other so well! Definitely is a simple and delicious comfort meal that I will cook again and again...!  


Minced Meat & Baked Bean 
Recipe adapted from Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover:
Serve 2-3 (I did half a recipe)
Ingredients:
1/2 large onion, diced
1 can (225g) baked beans (AYAM brand - small can)
130g minced pork
1/4 cup water

Seasonings:
1tsp Worcestershire sauce
1tbsp Lingham chili sauce
1/2tbsp Oyster sauce
Salt to taste
1/4tsp Black pepper powder
1/4tsp Dark soy sauce, optional (just to make the sauce look darker)



This served very well with bread too!


Method:
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, saute onions till soft.
2. Add minced meat, stir fry until cooked and dry.
3. Mix in baked beans and some water.
4. Add seasonings to taste.
5. Cook the sauce till heat through.
6. Serve immediately with rice and a sunny side up egg, vegetables and fried luncheon meat (or anything).



If you have baked bean and luncheon meat sitting in your pantry, do give this a try!

10 comments :

Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Nice presentation and look so tempting and good!

Small Small Baker said...

Simple but very nice and homely!

MaryMoh said...

Beautiful presentation! At first glance I thought it's nasi lemak...haha. I must be thinking too much about nasi lemak! This plate would be good for my lunch...mmm. Thanks very much for sharing. MaryMoh at http://www.keeplearningkeepsmiling.com

wensdelight said...

Thanks for your inspiration!

wensdelight said...

Yap... really very yummy!

wensdelight said...

Thanks Mary!

jo said...

You wouldn't believe me if I told you I was starring at a tin of MaLing luncheon meat yesterday.  I love the whole dish you have put together.  Simple and so reminds me of when I was a kid.  My mum worked and sometimes would just prepare this for our dinner due to lack of time.

wensdelight said...

Thanks Jo! Glad it brings back some fond memories of yours...

Helen's Cooking said...

this is simple and delish:-) i love fast an easy recipes! will give it a try!

wensdelight said...

Hi Helen, thanks for dropping by!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts