Jan 6, 2012

Sembawang Hill Food Centre

Another gem I discovered near my new work place is Sembawang Hill Food Centre. This food centre is rather small in size as compared to the usual one so there are not many choices but there are 4 stalls that make me and my colleagues go back again and again. 4 of our favourites are the Salted duck rice, Fish ball noodles, Satay beehoon and Kway chap.     



Sembawang Hill Food Centre
590 Upper Thomson Road
Singapore 574419


Ah Ee Traditional Hokkien Salted Duck @  #01-28


First look at the duck, we weren't interested at all but after I read Miss Tam Chiak review, I gave it a go! The verdict is we love it very much. Though the meat look plain but indeed it was very flavourful as you can taste the natural sweetness of the meat. Lightly dip in the garlic lime chilli sauce, it further enhance the flavour. Very unique and I don't see this in other food centre.  


Jing Ji Fishball Noodle @ #01-04


This stall is quite popular and the noodles sold out early. Every bowl comes with a slice of pork liver, 2 prawns and fish balls with a few slice of fish cake.  Love the old school flavour and it taste like the fish ball noodles  I used to eat when I was young.


Centre Satay Bee Hoon # #01-22


Satay beehoon is one of the few hawker food that I don't eat but is my colleague's all time favourite! According to them, it was very nice! 


San Ba Wang Guo Zhi Shu Shi @ #01-06


The kwap chap is not the best one around but it's cheap. Sometimes cheap and average tasting food attracts lunch crowd like us too.


The following are some of the stalls I tried at the food centre that didn't manage to impress...

Lai Heng Fried Kway Teow @ #01-15


Lack 'wok hei' and too sweet for my liking.


Makan @ #01-17


Nasi lemak - rice lack fragrant and chicken was too dry.


Grill & Pasta @ #01-34


Grilled pork chop with carbonara pasta. Pasta too soft and creamy. Brown sauce for the pork chop was not flavourful. Quite a disappointment.

1 comments :

Fmlow2006 said...

Hi Wen, appreciate your candid comments!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts