Mar 8, 2010

Savoury Glutinous Rice 糯米饭

21st Feb 2010

One of my favourite food for breakfast is Glutinous rice, the hokkien style. I like it dark in colour with lots of mushroom & pork but those that sell at the stalls are usually with only bits of mushroom & pork. So I like to make it myself and used to cook this quite often before I started this blog. During CNY, my Aunt Peggy asked me to cook some for her guests. I have not cooked this for ages and glad that it turn out as good as before. So I took this opportunity to record the recipe down and share it on my blog.





Ingredients:
Glutinous Rice - 600g (Soak for 2hrs & drain)
Pork - 350g (Cut into strips) Season: 1tbsp oyster sauce/1tbsp soya sauce/1tbsp dark sauce/1tbsp sesame oil)
Dried Mushroom - 70g (Soften & cut into strips)
Dried Scallop or Shrimp - 50g (Washed & drain, reserved the water if using dried scallop)
Shallots - 180g (Chop finely)
Garlic - 2 cloves (Chop finely)
Stock - 500ml (if using water, add concentrated chicken stock)

Seasoning: (mix all into the reserved scallop/mushroom water)
2tbsp Dark sauce (or slightly more if preferred darker rice)
1tbsp Light sauce
1tbsp Shaoxin wine
1tsp Salt
1tsp fish sauce
1/2-1tsp sugar
Pepper

Garnish: (optional)
Chinese Sausage - 1 no (Cut into small cubes & pan-fried till fragrant)
Peanut
Fried Shallots
Chopped Spring Onion
Sliced Red Chilli

Method:
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil on a non-stick wok to stir fry chopped shallots & garlic till golden.
2. Add in dried shallot/shrimp to fry till fragrant.
3. Add seasoned pork & mushroom, stir fry for 2-3 mins till pork turn pale in colour.
4. Stir in glutinous rice and seasoning, stir thoroughly.
5. Add stock/water and fry till water dry up.
6. Transfer the rice into an oiled steaming tray and steam for approx. 15min or till cooked.
7. Serve with garnishing.

2 comments :

lishapisa said...

I love to order this dish when ever we go for Dim Sum. Even better now i found your recipe!
Thank you from the CookNg Sisters

Wen said...

Hi CookNg Sisters,

Glad to know that you will be trying out this recipe.

Happy cooking!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts