Feb 21, 2011

Seah's Spices - Salt-Roasted Chicken with Fried Rice Stuffing


6 Feb 2011


Received a gift pack from Seah's Spices just before CNY in appreciation to me for featuring one of Seah's products on my blog recently. Thank you Yunling from Seah's Spices.




Received a total of 21 types of Seah's Spice premixes. Some of them are quite new to me and will be delighted to try them out.

During the CNY holidays, I tried out the Salted Roasted Chicken spice which I been wanted to try since I saw Ellena's post. However this was always out of stock on the Supermarket shelve. Glad that I found this in the gift pack.



I didn't follow Ellena's recipe but used her idea to roast the chicken. Instead of stuffing chestnut rice, I just used simple fried rice. This was what I did:

Ingredients:1 fresh whole chicken (1.1-1.2 kg)
1 pack Seah's Spice Salt Roasted Chicken Spices (contain 2 sachets, use 1 only)
1 small slab of butter

1 carrot
2 red skin potatoes
1 onion
Mixed herbs & chilli flakes

1 bowl of cooked calrose rice
1 egg
1 clove garlic (chopped)
some spam & green peas




Methods:
1. Cut potatoes & carrot into thick chunks and boil in water till cooked. In a frying pan, add olive oil to fry the cooked vegetables with the herbs & chilli flakes till slightly golden brown, Add salt & pepper to taste. Transfer to the base of the baking dish, toss with onion wedges. Set aside.

2. In a frying pan, heat up olive oil. Add spam and garlic, fry till fragrant. Add in beaten egg, follow by cooked rice. Stir till well mix and add green pea. Lastly salt & pepper to taste.

3. Stuff the fried rice into the chicken cavity and seal it with a stick.

4. Spread a pack of Seah's Spice all over the chicken evenly and place it on top of the cooked vegetables. Add a slab of butter on top of the chicken. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200-220 deg C for 30-35 mins till golden brown.



Really quite simple to make.


With stuffing the chicken too a longer time to cook. Usually my roast chicken takes about 20-25 mins but with the rice, it took about 35 mins.


This is how I served, blanched some broccoli and serve it with the roasted vegetables and rice stuffing. My family enjoyed the chicken though the spice was quite light but the chicken was still quite tasty.

12 comments :

Anita said...

wow Wens, you are so lucky to received this gift pack from Seah's Spices. Congratssss

Joyce @ Chunky Cooky said...

I love the Emperor Herbs Chicken Spices from Seah !

DG said...

Congrats Wen, 21 packs gift from SEAH directly.
I love the stuffing roasted chicken, the dish looks really delicious.

ann low said...

I love using Seah spices especially Bat Kut Teh. I even love to give these away to my relatives from overseas :))

Jean said...

thanks for the step by step instructions. the meal looks wholesome. the chicken flesh looks really tender and moist and not overdone, delicious!

Cuisine Paradise said...

I love this!!!! I still remember that aroma from my oven :p Great ideas and tip u have over there too.. em... i shall try out your method this weekend :)

Wen said...

Hi Ak, lucky me! Have you tried cooking the Seah's Spices?

Hi Chunky Cooky, that's my all time fav too!

Hi DG, I'm quite surprised to receive so many too.

Hi Ann, the BKT is good! Then I will be trying that next soon.

Hi Jean, thanks for your lovely comment!

Hi Ellena, thanks for your inspiration too!

The Sweetylicious said...

step by side guide, NICE! (: it look so mouthwatering!

Wen said...

Thanks Jasmine!

Hearty Bakes said...

That's Lotsa goodies to try. Shall wait for your deli creations coming up.
I usually steam the chicken using thi spice mix. Will try out the roast method next time. Must be full of flavours with the stuff fried rice. yummy!
btw Wen, I tried your fried prawn fritters the other day already. Thumbs up! The best I have tried so far with the different types of batter. Crispy and love the fragrance. We simply loves it! Thank for sharing! :)

Wen said...

Hi Jessie,

That's one of my favourite family recipe! So glad that you tried and liked it.

CaThY said...

wow, delicious leh :)

Post a Comment

Popular Posts