Recently I been baking different type of butter cakes quite frequently. This is another butter cake recipe I found it from my recipe books collection. This cheddar cheese butter cake is quite nice, very flavourful and fine texture. I will be submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #6: Say Cheese! (April 2011) hosted by Jean from Noms I Must.
Cheddar Cheese Loaf
Recipe adapted from Alex Goh - Creative making of cakes
80g Shredded Cheddar Cheese
280g Cake Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
Shredded Pamersan/Cheddar Cheese for topping
Preheat oven at 180deg C. Line 3 small loaf tins.
1. Cream (A) till light and fluffy.
2. Add (B) and cream till smooth and light.
3. Add (C) and mix till well combined.
4. Lastly add (D) and mix till well incorporated.
5. Pour into prepared loaf tins and top with shredded cheese.
6. Bake at 180deg C for 45mins.
The pamersan cheese enhance the cake flavour, this is great for breakfast over a cup of coffee/tea.