Bought a new mini loaf tray and coffee extract recently and can't wait to use it. Browsed through my to try list and decided upon this quick & easy recipe to try.
Love this mini loaf tin... and nothing beats a good quality extract!
Recipe adapted & modified from Sonia @ Nasi Lemak Lover
Ingredients: (9 mini loafs / 12 cupcakes)
150g Butter (softened)
135g Caster sugar
200g Self-raising flour
55g Chocolate powder
1 tsp Coffee extract
Preheat oven at 180deg c, line the tray.
1. In a mixer, whisk together butter, sugar, eggs, milk and flour until just smooth.
2. Divide the batter into 2 bowls. Add the chocolate powder & coffee extract to one bowl and stir until well mixed.
3. Using a teaspoon, alternating the mocha batter with the plain batter till ¾ full.
4. Bake for 25mins, or until well risen and springy to the touch.
5. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
I like how the mini loaf turn out... don't you agree? And the cake was soft and light!
Dated on 17/7/11