This butter cake recipe is definitely a keeper! Soft, moist, flavourful and very buttery! Perfect for afternoon tea with a cup of coffee... Thumb up! Do give it a try and see if you agree with me?
Recipe adapted from Cooking Crave, make slight modification.
Banana, Cranberries & Walnut Butter CakeIngredients:
230g Butter (room temperature)
2 tbsp Honey (optional)
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
140g Castor sugar
270g Self-raising flour
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
240g Ripe bananas (mashed)
50g Chopped walnuts
2 tbsp of Dried cranberries (soak with 1 tbsp of rum liquor)
Preheat oven at 170C. Lined the base of two 8"x3" loaf pan or a 7" square pan with baking paper.
1. Sift the flour, baking soda & salt together, set aside.
2. Cream butter, sugar, honey & vanilla essence until light & fluffy.
3. Add in egg one at a time. Slowly beat till it's well mixed.
4. Fold in 1/2 portion of the sifted dry ingredients to combine before adding in mashed banana. Followed by the remaining dry ingredients, dried cranberries/nuts & mixed till well combined.
5. Pour batter into lined baking pan and bake in a preheated oven for 50mins or until the skewer inserted in the middle of the cake came out clean.
Dated on 8th Sep 2011