Initially bought a bottle of sour cream to make cheese cake but never get into doing it till the sour cream was almost expiring! Didn't want to waste it so started goggling around for a simple recipe using sour cream and obliviously making a butter cake is the easiest!
Sour cream makes the cake moist and taste richer.
Recipe adapted from Corner Cafe
190g Butter (salted)
220g Castor sugar
1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
2 Eggs (beaten)
200ml Sour cream (1 tub)
300g Cake flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
Preheat oven at 175C and prepare a 22cm greased ring tin
1. Sieve flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. Creamed butter and sugar till pale and fluffy. Slowly add in eggs and vanilla, beat in well.
3. Stir in sour cream and sifted flour mixture, fold till well incorporated.
4. Pour into prepared tin and bake for 40 mins or until cooked when tested with a skewer
5. Stand cake for 5 mins in the tin before turning out onto the rack to cool.
Another nice recipe to keep!