Tried another keeper recipe from one of my favourite recipe site for Japanese food! These chicken meatballs with homemade teriyaki sauce are such delight! Minced chicken breast meat mix with tofu, capsicum, egg and ginger made into meatballs, pan fried and glazed with teriyaki sauce! The meatballs are soft, tender and flavourful!
Recipe adapted from "Just One Cookbook"!
Chicken Meatballs Donburi
Enjoy! Perfect to serve with donburi (rice bowl)! Itadakimasu! Thanks Nami from Just One Cookbook for this delicious recipe!
Recipe: Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs (Make 35 bitesize meatballs)
300g minced chicken breast meat
160g firm tofu - crumble it (I used Fortune pressed tofu)
100g assorted capscium - cut finely (red, green and yellow)
1 stalk spring onion - chopped
1 tsp grated ginger
Salt & black pepper to taste
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce:
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp mirin
4 tsp vinegar
1 tsp cornstarch
*I double the sauce recipe as I prefer more sauce.
1. Mix the teriyaki sauce togather in a bowl and set aside.
2. Mix all the ingredients together in to a paste. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Use 2 tablespoons or a cookie scoop to make small balls.
4. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat to pan fry the meatballs. Cook in batches if necessary.
5. Return all the cooked meatballs into the pan. Pour the sauce over and reduce the sauce till thicken and both side coated with sauce.
6. Serve as donburi toppings or as side dish with some vegetables.
Bought this Paul Frank 3-tiers picnic lunch box from Qoo10 last year! So cute right? Love this box so much! Compact, cute and microwavable. I manage to pack in food for 5 persons! My delicious lunchbox made up of chicken meatballs, tamago and some salads with Japanese multi-grains rice! Recipe for Tamago (egg rolls), please refers to here - Eugenie's Kitchen!
Pictures taken with iphone 5.