Apr 18, 2011

Condensed Milk Pound Cake

24 Mar 2011

I wanted to finish off the condensed milk lying in my fridge so decided to give this recipe a go. Bookmarked this recipe sometimes ago from Bisous a toi. Thanks Rima for sharing such an easy and good pound cake recipe. What attracted me to this recipe was not only it was highly recommended but also the method. This recipe added eggs at the last stage which I have not tried before. I was wondering by doing so... does it contribute to the fine and dense texture? Anyway this was very well received by my family and colleagues.   
 


The cake was nice! Milky, fine crumbs, moist & surprisingly not too sweet!



Recipe adapted from: Bisous a toi
Ingredients:
240g Unsalted butter  (chilled)
90gm Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
304g Condensed milk (I used approx 285g, balance in fridge)
3 tsp Vanilla bean paste
240g Cake flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
4 Large eggs 

 


Method:
Preheat oven at 170C, 1 non stick bundt cake mould 
1. Sift cake flour and baking powder together. Set aside.3
2. Cream butter and sugar tog till light and fluffy.
3. Add in salt and vanilla paste and cream well.
4. Pour in condensed milk and cream till well combined.
5. Using the mixer on low speed, add in flour in 3 additions. Mix till batter is smooth.
6. Add in eggs one at a time. Make sure it's well mixed and smooth.
7. Bake at 170C for 50-55mins.

 

Another lovely recipe to keep!

20 comments :

Jess said...

i about to bake this today also! looks so yummy!

Angie said...

The cake looks really super with that perfectly smoothy and soft texture.

Coraine Lim said...

Hi Wen! I baked this b4..but yours look sooooooooo much mega nicer!!

gertrude said...

This is a unique way of making cake by adding eggs at the end. It does look really soft and moist. I will try this out the next time I want some butter cake.

wensdelight said...

Coraine, thanks for your lovely compliment!

wensdelight said...

This cake tasted more milky than buttery but was really moist.

wensdelight said...

Jess, look forward to your review on this cake.

wensdelight said...

I love how well it turn out too!

jasminelim said...

it look so soft and moist!! and adding eggs last is a very special method which i've never tried before too :D

Alice said...

looks so fine! i love pound cake! :)

wensdelight said...

I think if a more fluffy texture preferred, maybe the next time I will attempt the normal method instead.

wensdelight said...

Alice, do give this a try! The texture is really good.

Yummykoh2009 said...

The texure of this cake looks very fine. I also have some condensed milk to clear.

wensdelight said...

Haha.. you can be like me clear it into this cake!

Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Wen, Thanks for your best wishes given to my sister, so nice of you. I have not tried this type of cake before, yours look neat and moist, i must make this soon.

hanushi said...

I have some condensed milk to clear too... This is the exact recipe that I am looking at... :)

wensdelight said...

Sonia, do give it a try if you like butter cake.

wensdelight said...

hanushi, look forward to your review on this cake.

Jolene said...

I have tried baking this today.. Tasted soft & moist, but mine was not as fine in texture as yours...

A different variation to my usual butter cake.. Like it alot.. Over zealous me bake at 180 Deg C for 45 mins & the top cracked & left the center un-cooked.. The nex time I will follow your temp & timing..

wensdelight said...

Thanks Jolene for your interest in the recipe. I will make this cake whenever I want to clear my condensed milk...:)

Post a Comment

Popular Posts