Dec 13, 2008

Chinese New Year Workshop Menu 10

This year CNY is early, so a lot of CC already started their CNY cooking classes though X'mas is not over yet. For me, I have signed up for a few CNY workshops by Chef Yong. So in the weeks to come, I will be updating those CNY workshops that I attended.

Last night was the first CNY workshop I attended at Cairhill. Here's the photos of my delicious samplings:

Cold Mushroom Salad with Pine Nuts


This is a classic Shanghainese cold appetizer of various mushrooms & bamboo shoot in a light soy dressing with pine nuts. It is simple, healthy and easy to prepare.

Poached Fish in Wine Broth with Preserved Radish Topping

The fish fillets poached in a wine flavoured stock & top with pickled raddish. Something different from the usual steaming method.

General Tso's Chicken

It's like a sweet and sour chicken dish. This was initially thought to be part of Hunanese cuisine but this dish does not exist in traditional Chinese cuisine. It was created by immigrant Chinese chefs in America and it became so popular in chinese restaurant there.

I enjoyed all of them and glad that they are easy to cook. Especially the Cold mushroom salad, so refreshing & yummy. I definitely going to try this out first.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts