Oct 17, 2009

Akashi Japanese Restaurant (VivoCity)

9th Oct 09

Thank God is Friday and also girls night out! Met up 2 of my friends for dinner last Fri at their favourite Jap restaurant at Vivo - Akashi serving quality authentic Japanese food. I had read many good reviews about them. My friends frequent this restaurant so often that even one of the waitress also know them. However, the food they served are the usual sashimi, sushi, bento sets, don set etcs, don't expect to find fancy stuff on their menu like Sushi Tey. And is not cheap too, at least S$30-$40 per person. I will probably go back again if my friends ask me to if not I don't think so... Not that impressive and value for money for me.

Ura Maki


We had one of the popular maki to share, the reverse california maki with a generous topping of roe. Very good indeed and fresh too. No wonder so many people raving about it.

Temaki (Unagi & Ebi)

One of my friend had these handrolls, her all time favourite.

Cod Fish Hot Pot Set
Don't know what is the actual name... I had this because I wanted something light and not so Japanese as I been eating so much Jap food recently. Well, it's like fish soup with 2 small slice of cod fish and lots of chinese cabbages, some shitake mushroom & tofu. The stock was clear & mild tasting. The side dishes was deep fried salmon fish w/sauce & watermelon. Not too bad but not that's fantastic too.
Tenzaru Chasoba Set


This set looked good and was ordered by the other friend. I tried some soba, it was nice and the texture just right. No comment on the tempura as I never try.

Akashi Japanese Food
1 Harbourfront Walk
#B2-07/08/09 VivoCity
Singapore
Tel: 6376 9972
Operating Hours:
11.30am - 10pm daily

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts