Nov 16, 2009

Soon Heng Restaurant

9th Nov 2009

Still updating on my birthday's eat. My birthday's lunch with a group of 11 colleagues including my FD, gave me a lunch treat at this air-con coffee shop restaurant - Soon Heng along Racecourse Road (very near to Muthu Curry) serving homestyle cooked food. I'm rather impressed with their dishes, almost all the dishes we ordered that day were delicious. Signature dish - Curry Fishhead.

Curry Fishhead

The fishhead was very fresh and big with thick cut of fish meat. This portion was about S$38.00, a full head and served with lots of ladyfingers and eggplant. The sauce was very appetising as lots of slice dried assam was added and the coconut milk was not overpowering which I like.

Squid Ink Sotong

One of their signature dish. The sauce was very flavourful and rich. Very nice with rice.

Fried Chicken Leg

Not bad!

Sambal Prawn

I don't like prawn but I like the sambal. Very similar to what my late Grandma used to cook.

Bean Sprout w/Dried Beancurb

I'm surprised it's taste so good and even had some "wok hei"!

Sambal Kangkong

Nice! Sambal was nice as lots of dried shrimp added.

Chap Chye

Decent enough but nothing special.

Lime Juice
Achar & Cucumber salad (complimentary)


The lime juice was freshly squeezed, very refreshing and aids in clearing all the spiciness and oiliness.

We had double portion for the above dishes and total bill came up to about S$170 plus. (Approx S$15-16/pax) Thanks my FD for the treat! All of us enjoyed the lunch tremendously.


Soon Heng Resturant
39 Kinta Road (Along Racecourse Rd)
Singapore 219108
Tel: 6294 7343/6294 6561

Operating Hours:
Weekdays: 10.30am - 8.30pm
Weekends & PH: 10.30am - 5pm

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts