My first CNY bakes started with this nutty and crisp Cashew Nut Cookies. Been baking this cookies for the past 4 years and this is the first time sharing the recipe to give my support to Aspiring Bakers #3 - My Favourite CNY Cookies hosted by Jess Kitchen. This recipe was given to me by aunt who used to teach baking at CC in 1980's. Yes my aunt not only can cook but also can bake very well. However she had lost interest in baking since she quited teaching, such a pity but she is still very knowledgeable on baking techniques and ingredients so I will seek her advice at times.
CNY Bake - Cashew Nuts Cookies
Ingredients: (4 bottles)
250g Butter (used quality butter and chilled)
190g Icing Sugar
1tsp Sodium Bicarbonate
420g Plain flour
1tbsp Milk powder
200g Ground roasted cashew nuts
300g Cashew nuts (Halves it, bake for 7mins, half cooked for topping)
Extra egg for egg wash
1. Sift flour, milk powder, soda and salt together, set aside.
2. Cream butter & icing sugar till light & fluffy.
3. Add eggs & vanilla till well mix.
4. Low speed, add sifted flour & ground cashew nut till a soft dough.
5. Chill till firm.
6. Use cutter to cut out the dough and it on a lined baking tray.
7. Place cashew nut on it, slighlty press. Egg wash to seal the nut and dough gap so the nut won't drop out easily.
8. Bake at 170 degree C for 15-20mins.
Will be submitting this entry to Jess who is hosting the Aspiring Bakers #3 - My favourite CNY cookies (Jan 2011). Closing date: 31 Jan 2011.
Counting down.... 8 more days to CNY 2011!