Another durian bake, will be submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #5: Fruity March (March 2011) hosted by Jess from Bakericious.
Pandan Durian Chiffon Cake
Recipe adapted and modified from Banana Chiffon by Junko Fukuda
80g Durian flesh (blended)
3 nos Egg yolks
50g Castor sugar
50ml Sunflower oil (any vegetable oil)
80g Top flour
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Pandan paste
4 nos Egg whites
20g Castor Sugar
Preheat oven at 180 deg C. Chiffon mould - 17 cm
1. Place egg yolks, sugar & oil in a mixing bowl. Whisk till well blended, add in durian & pandan paste to mix well. Fold in sifted flour & baking powder, set aside.
2. Whisk egg white & sugar at max speed till stiff peak.
3. Fold in 1/3 egg yolk mixture into whisked egg white, then pour this mixture into the the balance egg white, fold till well incorporated.
4. Pour batter into chiffon mould and bake for 30 mins.
5. When baked, turn upside down to cool. Unmould when completely cool.
There's still durian flesh in my freezer so what should I bake next? Any recipes to recommend? Oh saw this Durian Cheesecake over at Bakericious, haha... my next target set!