By now, you may have seen many bloggers baked this delicious cake. Yes I'm joining the craze too. This is a simple and delicious recipe and I had made twice already. Everyone who I shared this cake with gave a thumb up! Definitely a keeper! Thanks Hearty Bakes for sharing this wonderful recipe. I twisted a bit by adding walnut and the next time I will omit the chocolate to turn it to a Banana Walnut Square. I think it will be very nice too as the cake was soft and moist.
Recipe adapted and modified from Hearty Bakes
1/2 cup Unsalted butter (113g)
3/4 cup Sugar
1 Egg (beaten)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 cup Banana (mashed)
1 1/2 cup Cake flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Cocoa powder
2 tbsp milk (to add moisture to the chocolate bottom)
1/2 cup Chocolate chips (mini)
1/2 cup Walnut (roasted & chopped)
Preheat oven at 175 deg C, line the base of a 8 inch square tin1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Drizzle in the eggs, follow by vanilla and mashed bananas. Beat thoroughly till well corporated.
3. Sieve cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the butter mixture. Mix well with a spatula.
4. Divide the batter into half. Add cocoa powder and milk into 1 portion. Spread this chocolate portion evenly into a 8 inch square tin.
5. Spread the remaining plain batter evenly on top of the chocolate batter, swirl gently with a knife.
6. Sprinkle chocolate chips and walnut on top.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven at 175 deg C for 25-30mins. Cool and cut into squares to serve.