I will be off on vacation from now till 25th May 2011. Please pandon me if your comments are not published or replied during this period as I may not be able to access to any internet. Before that, I will like to share this simple to make Moist chocolate cake with all of you. Why simple? Because you just need to beat all ingredients together for few minutes and bake! Easy right! Thanks Happy Flour for sharing this recipe.
It's a very chocolaty and moist cake, texture a bit muffin like! Are you tempted by it...lol!
Recipe adapted from Happy Flour:Ingredients
210g self-raising flour
1tsp baking soda
45g cocoa powder (Use Vahlorna)
5g instant coffee powder
160g caster sugar (Original 180g)
70g demerara sugar
2 egg (lightly beaten)
1tsp vanilla paste
60g unsalted butter (melted and cool)
Optional - 1 tbsp rum
Preheat oven to 180C.
1. Well greased a fluted ring with oil and set aside.
2. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into the mixer bowl.
3. Add in sugar and coffee powder, mix well.
4. Mix buttermilk, milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla paste/rum together and pour into flour mixture.
5. Beat the mixture at low speed until well mix, about 2-3mins.
6. Increase speed to high and beat for another 5mins until free of lumps and increased in volume.
7. Pour batter into greased fluted ring.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 35mins or until skewer comes out clean when inserted in centre of cake.
9. Leave cake in tin for 10mins before turning onto wire rack to cool.
I'm submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #7: Chocolate Delight (May 2011) hosted by Doris of Tested & Tasted.