Nutella - a hazelnut chocolate spread, is a great ingredient for bakes! If you have Nutella to clear, try it on this recipe. I love this Nutella cupcake recipe from Judy of A Busy Gran's Kitchen so much that I baked it again. I'm submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #7: Chocolate Delight (May 2011) hosted by Doris of Tested & Tasted.
Nutty, chocolaty, buttery & moist!
Recipe adapted from here:
Ingredients: (12 cupcakes)
140g Unsalted butter
150g Caster sugar (I reduce to 140g)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/4 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Plain yogurt
120g Plain flour
80g Cake flour
2 tsp Baking powder
Nutella (approx. 24 tsp, each cupcake used 2 tsp)
Preheat oven at 180C. Line muffin tray with casing or prepare cupcake casing.
1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla extract, salt and yogurt to mix well.
3. Add one egg at a time, beating well to mix. If mixture curdles, add some flour to mix.
4. Then add sifted flour and baking powder. When flour is thoroughly mixed, beat on high for a couple of minutes.
5. Fill cupcake cases halfway and put in 1 tsp Nutella. Top up with cake mixture to 80% full. Add another 1 tsp Nutella on top. Use a toothpick to swirl the nutella.
6. Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 to 18 minutes.
Probably the next time I will try making Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake using this recipe. I think it's will turn out well too.