Banana bake again...lol! Please bear with me for another banana cake post! There are so many nice banana cake recipes around that I can't resist and this is a very good one too from Anncoo Journal. Soft, moist and bursting with strong banana fragrant! I gave the recipe a twist by using Bailey Irish Cream instead of milk as I'm trying very hard to finish the bottle of Bailey sitting in my fridge.
This is definitely a keeper... so much easier to make as compared to my Spongy Banana cake recipe, yet yields an equally nice banana cake!
Recipe adapted from Anncoo Journal:
Ingredients: (approx. 6 large cupcakes)
90g Canola or sunflower oil
70g Castor sugar
1 Large egg, lightly beaten
125g Plain flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
4 medium-sized bananas, mashed with a fork (about 160g)
25g Bailey Irish Cream (or *Evaporated milk/milk)
1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
*If using milk, add 1 tsp rum.
Preheat oven at 175C
1. Beat egg and sugar till light and creamy.
2. Add Bailey/milk, mashed bananas, oil and vanilla extract, and combine.
3. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and baking soda, and give a quick whisk.
4. Pour flour into the wet ingredients until no traces of flour remain. (I used hand whisk to fold the flour) Do not over-mix. Stop the moment everything is incorporated.
5. Pour into cupcake casing or a lined 6-inch round tray.
6. Bake at 175C for about 20-25 mins, or until cooked.