This is one of my all time favourite cornflakes cookies recipe that I have made numerous times for friends and colleagues. Can substitute the cranberry with chopped walnuts for better crunch but I love it with cranberry. They just pair so well with cornflakes!
Recipe adapted from 'Cook With No Books'!
Cranberry Cornflakes Cookies
185g unsalted butter (semi-hard)
75g icing sugar
3 egg yolks
205g self raising flour ( original recipe uses plain flour )
45g corn flour
150g plain corn flakes
100g dried cranberries, cut
1/2 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven at 150C. Lined the tray.
1. Cream butter, vanilla and icing sugar till light.
2. Add egg yolks, one at a time. Whisk until fluffy.
3. Sieve self raising flour and corn flour over the butter mixture. Mix till well combine.
4. Add cornflakes and cranberries. Give a quick whisk to break up cornflakes and blend into the batter.
5. The batter will appear thick and clumpy.
6. Spoon and drop the cookies batter on the lined tray.
7. Bake the cookies in preheated oven for 25 mins or until golden brown.
8. Cookies are soft when hot but will turn crisp when cooled. Store in airtight container.
Be warned! Very addictive! lol!