Tried this recipe sometimes ago and love it so much! Definitely a keeper! Recipe adapted from: Honey Bee Sweets. Check out Nasi Lemak Lover for useful tips on baking this delicious light cheesecake!
Love the fine and cottony texture of this light cheesecake!
Light Cheddar Cheesecake
6 slices of cheddar cheese - tear up (Kraft)100g fresh milk (Meiji)
100g unsalted butter
6 egg yolks (large)
6 egg whites (large) (preferably cold, place in the fridge after separating)
100g caster sugar
100g cake flour
Preheat oven at 150C with water bath. Line the side and bottom of a 8 inch square tin.
1. Melt butter, milk and cheddar cheese slices in pot over medium heat, stir constantly with a spatula till all melted and well incorporated. Set aside to cool for 5 mins before use.
2. Lightly whisk the egg yolks in another mixing bowl. Ladle big spoonful of the cheese mixture into the egg yolks. Mix well and then add in the rest and combine well.
3. Sift cake flour into the egg yolk mixture, mix well and make sure no lumps.
4. In another mixing bowl, whisk egg white and sugar till stiff peaks or at least close to stiff.
5. Use a balloon whisk, gently fold in 1/3 of egg white mixture into cheese mixture, repeat with balance portion till well mix.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the surface.
7. Bake the cake in the oven for 50-60 minutes at lower rack or till the tester comes out clean.
8. Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 mins before removing it from cake pan, cool on wire rack.