I don't make bread often but will try making some this month to submit to Aspiring Bakers. Last evening I finally got into action and churned out this batch of Ham and Cheese bun. This a straight dough method so the bun is not as soft as the gelatinized dough method but still not too bad.
Sweet bun dough recipe adapted from Happy Flour. These buns are really cheesy!
Sweet dough recipe adapted & modified from Happy Flour
Ingredients: (for approx 10 buns)200g Bread flour
100g Plain flour
6g Instant yeast
140g Low fat milk (cold)
10 pcs Breakfast ham
10 pcs Cheese (I used Président Emmental Slices)
Dried parsley flakes
Method:1. Combine all ingredients in a mixer, except butter.
2. Beat at medium speed until it form a dough and add in the butter.
3. Continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
4. Cover the dough and let it prove for 45mins.
5. Flatten the dough on a lightly floured/oiled surface and knead lightly to release the air.
6. Divide dough into about 55g each portion and rest for another 10mins.
7. Shape into round ball, flatten and slit 4 corners and arrange it on a lined tray.
8. Cover and leave to prove for 45mins until it doubled in size.
9. Glazed the top with beaten egg, top with a slice of ham and cheese. Then sprinkle some parslety flakes.
10. Preheat oven to 190C.
11. Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins until bun is brown.
12. Remove buns from tin, brush the side with butter and cool on a wire rack.