Korean sliced rice cake is rather similar to Shanghai rice cake but more chewy in texture and less floury. Good for stir frying and cooking soup. Last weekend we cooked this for lunch. I slurped up a whole plate of it even the sauce was gone ...lol! It's so yummy!
Stir fry with pork, clam, mushroom and vegetables with chicken stock sauce.
Aunt's recipe (serve 2-3)
300g Korean sliced rice cake (available Korean mart)
200g Shredded pork *
3 pcs Dry mushroom (soaked & shredded)
60g Frozen clam meat
350g Chinese cabbage (shredded)
2 nos Garlic (crushed)
For garnishing: spring onion, chilli, fried onion
* Pork seasoning: (seasoned 10mins)
1/2tsp light sauce
1/2tsp sesame oil
1tsp corn flour
1.5tsp clam powder (available in Korean mart)
1tsp light sauce
1tsp fish sauce
2tsp oyster sauce
1tsp sesame oil
1tsp cooking wine
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok to saute pork. Dish out.
2. Use 1 tbsp oil to fry garlic till aromatic, add cabbage and mushroom to fry till 1/2 cooked. Dish out.
3. Using the same wok, pour in sauce and bring it to boil. Then add rice cake in to simmer till soften which takes about 3 mins.
4. Add in pork and vegetable to stir till cooked.
5. Serve with garnishing.
Total cost to serve 2-3: S$8.20
300g Korean sliced rice cake - $3.00
200g Shredded pork - $1.803 pcs Dry mushroom (soaked & shredded) - $0.60
60g Frozen clam meat - $0.60
350g Chinese cabbage (shredded) - $0.80
2 nos Garlic (crushed) - $0.10
200ml Chicken stock - $1.00
For garnishing: spring onion, chilli, fried onion - $0.30