A twist from Richard's Goh Lemon Sour Cream Cake.
This butter cake is very moist and full of rum fragrant!
250g Butter (salted & chilled)220g Castor Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
6 nos Eggs
250g Cake Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
250g Light Sour Cream
2 tbsp Rum Liquor
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 tbsp Warm Milk
Preheat oven to 160 degree C
Grease & line two 8 x 3 loaf tin or one 9 inch round tin
1. Cream butter and castor sugar at medium speed untill fluffy, add vanilla extract.
2. Add in slightly beaten eggs (2 each time) and beat well to combine. Rum liquor may be added at this point of time. (The mixture will be watery with curbs due to more eggs)
3. At slow speed, add in sour cream, followed by sifted flour & baking powder. Fold well.
4. Mix cocoa powder with warm milk into a paste. Take 200g of the mixture and mix in the cocoa mixture. Marble the mixture.
5. Pour batter into baking tin and bake for about 50 min - 1hr.
6. Turn cake onto a wire rack to cool.