I love to cook on weekends but usually are simple dishes that can be whipped up within 30 mins. Saw this simple dish over at Nasi Lemak Lover, I knew it's going to be good and I'm right!
Minced meat & baked bean, luncheon meat, sunny side up & fresh sliced cucumber served with steamed rice! The combination is amazing, complimented each other so well! Definitely is a simple and delicious comfort meal that I will cook again and again...!
Recipe adapted from Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover:
Serve 2-3 (I did half a recipe)
Ingredients:1/2 large onion, diced
1 can (225g) baked beans (AYAM brand - small can)
130g minced pork
1/4 cup water
1tsp Worcestershire sauce
1tbsp Lingham chili sauce
1/2tbsp Oyster sauce
Salt to taste
1/4tsp Black pepper powder
1/4tsp Dark soy sauce, optional (just to make the sauce look darker)
This served very well with bread too!
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, saute onions till soft.
2. Add minced meat, stir fry until cooked and dry.
3. Mix in baked beans and some water.
4. Add seasonings to taste.
5. Cook the sauce till heat through.
6. Serve immediately with rice and a sunny side up egg, vegetables and fried luncheon meat (or anything).
If you have baked bean and luncheon meat sitting in your pantry, do give this a try!