Healthy bake can be yummy too! Always got inspired by "Honey Bee Sweets" healthy bakes and cooks! Decided to give this recipe a go since I have plenty of rolled oats and a bundle of very ripe banana at home. Thanks Bee for your daily inspiration on Instagram!
Banana Oat Oreo Cake
Recipe adapted from 'Honey Bee Sweets'
Photos taken with Iphone 5
150g Unsalted butter (room temp)
120g Caster sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
5 Egg yolks
170-180g Banana (mashed)
100g Cake flour
1 tsp Baking powder
100g Oat flour (Grind 100g rolled oats till very fine)
5 Egg whites
1/8 tsp salt
40g Caster sugar
Peanut butter Oreo chunks cookies for topping.
Preheat oven at 160C. Line a 8" square tin.
1. Cream soft butter, sugar and vanilla till light and fluffy.
2. Add in egg yolk one at a time till well incorporated.
3. Add in mashed banana and mix well.
4. Sift in cake flour and baking powder, follow by oat flour and mix well. Set aside.
5. Whisk egg white, salt and sugar until stiff peak.
6. Fold 1/3 of the egg white into yolk mixture (4), continue to fold balance 2/3 till well incorporated.
7. Pour batter into lined square tin.
8. Top with as much Oreo chunks as desired.
9. Steamed bake for 35-40 mins or till the inserted skewer comes out clean.
Moist and soft! Healthy version of butter cake that you don't feel oily at all.
Sliced and packed nicely to be brought to the office for colleagues to try!
Check out my Instagram @ wensdelight on my daily eats!