Weekday easy cooking - one dish meal!
Japanese curry is one of the easiest Japanese dish to cook at home with the help of instant curry roux! I enjoy my delicious curry udon so much! Yum!
Recipe - Serve 1
1 pc Sanuki frozen udon
Leek - sliced
Carrot - bitesize
400g Chicken stock
30g S&B instant curry udon roux (can use normal curry roux which will be richer so add accordingly)
Salt to taste
Optional - 1/2 tsp chilli powder (for extra spiciness)
Spring onion or parsley to garnish
Chicken Karaage (Japanese fried chicken)
1 small boneless leg - cut into pieces
Japanese deep fried flour (mine from Diaso)
Coat chicken pieces generously with flour. Rest for 15 mins before frying.
1. Heat a small pot with oil to fry chicken. Fried till golden brown n cooked. Set aside.
2. Boil water in a sauce pan to blanch the frozen udon. Drain n set aside.
3. Heat up sauce pan with a bit of oil to sauté leek n carrot. Add in chicken stock to boil.
4. Simmer till carrot is cooked. Add in curry roux n chilli powder. Stir well to mix. Season with salt.
5. Add in udon. Dish out and serve with chicken karaage n spring onion.
Pictures taken with iphone 5.