Dec 21, 2011

628 Ang Mo Kio Food Centre

As I mentioned earlier, my workplace has relocated to Upper Thomson area in July 2011. This give me an opportunity to explore the food scenes in this part of Singapore during lunch break. 628 AMK market is one of the food centre we frequent.  Let's take a look at some of the popular stalls here where there's always a queue during lunch hour.



Blk 628 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4
Singapore 560628


Ho Bee Roasted Food @ #01-84



Roasted meat platter - Roasted duck, char siew and roasted pork serve with appetising pickles. Yummy but the queue is really time consuming.  


628 Teochew Porridge.Veg Rice @ #01-69




Another popular stall is the Teochew porridge. Love their cooking style and pricing is very reasonable too. I fell in love with their steamed fish cake. A must try.


Seng Huat Noodle House @ #01-61




Another favourite stall of mine is the wanton noodles. I like the egg noodles texture and the chilli, very old school style. Worth trying.  


Yu Jia Zhun @ #01-78




This fried fish beehoon soup was only average, the soup was not very tasty and the beehoon was too soft for my liking.

What other stalls that are nice and you like to recommend to me to try in this market? Do drop a comment for me...:)

13 comments :

Rubbish Eat Rubbish Grow said...

I used to live there! There was a very, very good bak chor mee stall, with the most fragrant mushroom. Long queue daily. Is it still there? 

Mixue said...

Hi Wen,

There is a mince pork noodle which has very long queue is also very nice.
I could not recall the signboard.  If I happen to dropby there. I will make sure I drop it down and keep you inform.

Mixue

Edith said...

I visit this hawker centre pretty often.  That roast pork stall you mentioned is nice.  There is also a cheap and good dessert stall right the other end.  We also like the western grill stall.

wensdelight said...

I think it's still there. There's a corner noodle stall always long q. Shall try it out the next visit. Thanks!

wensdelight said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I think I know which stall you are referring to... Merry X'mas!

wensdelight said...

Hi Edith,

Ya... I tried before. The desserts are nice n cheap.

Yixiaoaixiy said...

The chee cheong fun is pretty good (the store makes their own tapioca cake) and chee kueh (behind the chee cheong fun store) is pretty good too =)

Small Small Baker said...

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Miso said...

Merry X'mas to you and your family!!! 

wensdelight said...

Thanks SSB!

wensdelight said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I love the chwee kueh too! Merry Christmas!

Joe said...

The Joo Heng Mushroom Minced Pork Mee is nice.

wensdelight said...

Noted with thanks! Happy New Year!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts