Oct 13, 2015

Overnight Oats

Since beginning of last year, I was inspired by @honeybeesweets.sg to try Overnight oats! Basically is whole grain rolled oat soaked with milk and yogurt overnight in the fridge! Gradually I begin to appreciate this fuss free healthy breakfast choice and since then I has been making it for breakfast regularly. Some of my friends and colleagues were influenced by me and all started to make overnight oat as well. 

Check out my Instagram #wenovernightoat for all my overnight oat creations! Since I always have queries on how to prepare overnight oat on IG and Dayre so I decided to share it on my blog today!



Soaking oat in jar, we call it overnight oat in a glass jar (#ooiaj)!



Overnight oat in glass mug.




This is my usual portion, you can increase accordingly to your preference. As you got use to making, you can adjust the milk and yogurt proportion to your preference for the kind of texture you like. More yogurt will be creamier and more milk will be more watery. You can play around with the flavour by adding green tea and chocolate powder if you are using plain milk and yogurt. My all time favourite is using Meiji Low Fat chocolate milk and Marigold plain yogurt or Mundella greek yoghurt

Overnight oat basic recipe:
1/3 cup Whole grain rolled oats (Harvest Field, Lowan, Sanitarium, Fairprice)
1/3 cup Low fat yogurt or Greek yogurt (any preferred choice)
1/3-1/2 cup Milk of your choice (flavoured or plain, soy milk or almond milk)
1-2 tsp Chiaseeds

Toppings: (add in to serve)
- Assorted fruits
- Assorted nuts
- Crunchy granola
- Cookies crumbs
- Nutella
- Peanut butter
- Cookie butter
- Fruits compote
- Honey

Method:
1. Mix all together except the toppings in a jar/container of your choice and leave it overnight in the fridge.
2. Serve with the toppings of your choice. 



This is one of my fav round glass container for my overnight oat.



Overnight oat in square glass bowl from Daiso!



Overnight oat in Sistema Klip It Accents 400ml square container.



Overnight oat in Sistema Breakfast-to-go 530ml round container.



Overnight oat in small round donburi bowl from Diaso!

5 comments :

Tanty windasari H said...

Hello , i'm Indonesian . May i Repost your picture in my Instagram ? I will use your picture for example about overnight oat. But don't worry, i will apply watermark in your picture. Iy you never mind, May i ? Thankyou :)

Wen said...

Hi Tanty, Yes you can, just give credit and tag me when u post on IG.

Patrick Ng said...

Hi Wen,
Your overnight oat looks really delicious and fabulous. Will you consider taking orders? I mean if you can prepare an extra portion I certainly wont mind paying for it and collecting it from you. Do let me know if you are keen.
I am really interested to try it. Thanks.

PS: If you are open to the idea do drop me a mail at patng1402@hotmail.com so that I know how to contact you.

Anonymous said...

Hi can we use other types of yogurt?

Anonymous said...

hi, can i check, using Emmi Swiss Premium Low fat yogurt, compared to marigold low fat yogurt or other brand’s, would there be any difference in terms of taste and texture? thanks

Post a Comment

Popular Posts