Pumpkin Bread Loaf
I used a 8" by 4" cake tin to make a loaf and balance dough into 3 buns (each around 70g)!
350g Bread flour
100g Pumpkin (steamed and mashed it)
25g Fine sugar
3/4 tsp Sea salt
1 tsp Instant dry yeast
150g Low fat milk (cold)
25g Unsalted butter
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp milk
Some whole grain rolled oats or sesame seeds for topping
1. Place ingredients (A) into the mixing bowl, attached dough hook and mix well.
2. On low speed, gradually add in milk and knead it into a dough.
3. Add in butter, knead at medium speed until it forms a smooth, shiny and elastic dough.
4. 1st proofing of the dough till double the size.
5. Punch out the air of the dough and divide into the weight you want. Rest for 5-10 mins.
6. Roll the dough into your desired shape. Place it in the greased tin or lined baking tray and do final proofing for 60-75mins. Usually I placed it in my oven.
7. Preheat oven at 170C.
8. Brush the proven dough with egg yolk and milk mixture, sprinkle rolled oats or sesame seed.
9. Bake in preheated oven. For loaf - 30 mins, for buns - 15 mins (190C).
The bread was still soft on the 2nd day!