How about baking some crunchy oatmeal cookies as Christmas gift? I baked this last year for my friends and they love it! So baking it again and gave a tweet to the recipe by replacing raisin with cranberry and added some almond!
Recipe adapted and altered from Crunchy oatmeal raisin cookies by Jaime Teo!
150g unsalted butter
80g crisco shortening
150g brown sugar
100g fine sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
280g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
3 cups wholegrain rolled oats
3/4 cup dried cranberry (chopped)
1/4 cup almond flakes
Preheat oven at 170C.
1. Beat butter, shortening, sugar, vanilla and salt till light and fluffy.
2. Add in egg, beat well.
3. Sift in flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder. Mix well.
4. Stir in rolled oats, cranberry and almond flakes at low speed, mix well.
5. Roll into balls or used a cookie scoop and flatten by hand.
6. Bake for 15-20 mins or till golden brown.
Very fragrant, crunchy and yummy!
Nicely packed for Christmas 2015!