May 30, 2009

Cafebiz @ Traders Hotel

A high-tea gathering with office colleagues at Cafebiz in Traders Hotel. With a nice cosy ambience and good company, the food seem to taste better too. Though the varieties were not many still you can never try everything but most of the food were yummy. Especially the local delight like laksa, chicken rice, roast pork, roast duck & congee, all are quite nice.

Weekend high-tea @ S$35.00++ per pax (12.30pm to 4pm), with UOB promotion - 1 free with 2 paying, it's quite value for money. Also, inclusive of free flow of coffee & tea. However, the replenishing of food and clearing of plates were rather inefficient that day. Probably due to lack of manpower and it was really packed on a Sat afternoon. Anyway, still an enjoyable meal!

Japanese - Sashimi & Sushi

Appetizers

2 type of soup - Asian (assorted mushroom & seafood soup) & Western (Tomato soup)
I only tried the tomato soup. It was yummy and really appetizing. Also, a few type of bread to choose from. I made myself some garlic toast.

Local Delight
The chicken rice was really very good and also the kueh pietee was good too.

The rojak was DIY by me and was not very well received maybe I put too much paste, too sweet. Anyway I don't take rojak so how can I do it right. Hahaha!

Laksa, very popular among us. Nice! There's black & white carrot cake too but doesn't look appealing so no one bother to try.

Asian Cuisines Kong Bak Pau & Roti prata. I didn't try this, according to my colleague the prata was ok but the kong bak pau was not so nice. They also served naan but they didn't replenish it when I wanted some.

Beef ramen - not very nice, the soup was bland and the noodles too soggy.
Roast pork & duck - Good! They also have roast chicken but one of us don't take chicken so we omit it.
Congee - One of our favourite, we all love the smooth & thick texture.
Western Delight


The mash potatoes w/truffle oil was really good. Lamb shank & Fish & chips were yummy too.

Dessert



The dessert spread was quite good too and my favourite was mango pudding, waffle ice cream & chocolate mousse cake.

Fruit & Salad
This section varieties are quite limited and none of us touch on the salad.
Other reviews:Hungry Go Where


Cafebiz
1A Cuscaden Road
GF Traders Hotel
Singapore 249716
Tel: 68314374

2 comments :

wensdelight said...

haha.. quite true! I'm not good at writing. Is just my interest to record my dining experience.

Eillys10128 said...

your description is either "nice " or  "good" .

Post a Comment

Popular Posts