Jun 10, 2009

Obolo ~ Gourmet Cheesecakes * Patisseries * Desserts

[Closed]
Obolo is just opposite Ju Shin Jung where we had our dinner. So how can I not drop by to get some cakes since I never tried before! There were not many choices left to choose and I'm disappointed that I didn't get to try their popular "Noisette". I bought 2 Cheesecakes, an Entremet, a Domes and 3 macarons, you'll get 10% discount with UOB card.


Dome Ambre ~ S$6.70



This chocolatey, fruity & nutty dome is made with milk chocolate mousse, banana-passion fruit cremeux, exotic fruit gelee and milk chocolate hazenut praline feulletine on a chocolate almond base. I didn't try this as it was for my uncle but they said was nice.

Guanaja ~ S$6.90


A very rich and creamy dark chocolate cheesecake made with premium cream cheese and Valrhona Guanaja 70% chocolate, studded with dark chocolate chunks and top with a delicious chocolate macaron. The cheese was smooth and not overly sweet but the base was soggy.

New York Cheesecake ~ S$6.50


Another rich, smooth and creamy baked cheesecake with a hint of lemon, topped with fresh strawberry on a biscuit crust. This was good especially nice when eaten with strawberry. Noticed the cake was in a mess? By then I got home, the strawberry had fallen off so I just put it back for photos.

Les Macarons (Pistache/Macha/Rasberry) ~ S$1.80 ea


The macaron was light and not too chewy with acceptable sweetness. My favourite was the Pistache flavor. On Macaron Day - 13 Jun 2009 in conjunction to their 2nd Anniversay, they are having a 1 for 1 promotion on macaron purchase limited to 30 pcs up to 6 pcs per flavor per customer while stock last.

OBOLO
452 Joo chiat Road
Singapore 427665
Tel: 63489791
Fax: 63487961
Closed on Monday & Public Holiday

2 comments :

Big Boys Oven said...

Great to have meet up, next time we go out makan2 yeah! :) Hope you enjoyed our class!

Wen said...

Hi Sunny & Sidney,

Great to meet both of you too and learnt those wonderful recipes from Sunny. I enjoyed the classes...Definitely going to try out some of the recipes soon. Sure the next time we shall have a makan session!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts