Aug 30, 2009

7th Storey Restaurant at Marina Barrage

Last Sunday, went with my uncle to buy his dream camera (DSLR) - Canon EOS500. My next target... After that we went to Marina Barrage to try out his new gadget and surprise that there's only one restaurant and a snack bar cafe only. Left with no choice, we settled our dinner at the 7th Storey Restaurant.

We ordered an ala carte standard charcoal steamboat (S), a claypot dish and chicken rice. The food was generally not impressive and rather expensive but service was good, very attentive.

Charcoal Steamboat


The stock was too bland for my liking as I'm so used to rich and flavourful stock.
Standard Set (S) - S$58.00

I think it was quite expensive with the kind of stuff we were getting. The set include fish balls, slice fish (tasteless), chicken thigh meat (taste like frozen meat), assorted mushrooms, prawns (fresh), beancurb skin, yam, cuttlefish, 2 eggs & a plate of veg. I think we were paying for the scenery too.

Claypot Frog Leg w/Beancurb Skin
This was very nice, with good wok hei and the sauce was fantastic. I literally dipped all the steamboat stuff into the sauce since it was so bland.
Chicken Rice

Their signature dish, chicken was smooth and tender with nice sauce. The chilli was quite good too. But, been having a lot of chicken rice recently so a bit tired of it.
The total bill was S$120 plus for the just the above items which I think it was overpriced and I don't think I will go back again.



7th Storey Restaurant
260 Marina Way
#01-05/06 Marina Barrage
Singapore
Tel: +65 6333 5787
Operating Hours:
Sun-Thu: 11.30am-2.30pm, 5.30pm-10.30pm
Fri-Sat-Eve & PH: 11.30am-2.30pm, 5.30pm-1.00am

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts