Aug 30, 2010

Banana Butter Sponge Cupcake


15 Aug 2010

When I felt like baking, I really baked. On that same day where I baked a banana chiffon cake, I also baked a marble cake in order to finish up the extra yolks from the chiffon. Right after the marble cake, I baked another banana cake in order to finish up the balance banana,. Recipe adapted from "Fruity Cakes by Alex Goh". Some may dislike this recipe because SP - cake emulsifier was added.

Banana Butter Sponge




Ingredients:
120g Sugar
1/2 tbsp SP
4 Eggs
120g Cake Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
120g Mashed Banana
1/4tsp Baking Soda
85g Melted Butter (can subsitute with Veg oil)

Method:
Preheat oven at 180 deg C & prepared approx 14 paper cups.
1. Mix sugar & SP till well blended. Add Eggs, sieved flour & baking powder whip at high speed till light & fluffy.
2. Add mashed banana & baking soda until well combined.
3. Stir in butter until well blended.
4. Pour the batter into paper cups and bake for 20 mins.



The cake taste quite nice and texture was very fine and soft, probably due to the SP.

2 comments :

HungryTrotters said...

looks good Wen! I always seek your blog if I need to cook or explore the kitchen more. Hope I can be as good as you :)

Wen said...

Thanks for your compliment. I love reading about your adventures in NL...

Post a Comment

Popular Posts