I still not able to pick up the momentum of updating my blog after I was back from vacation. I feel so lazy recently, been spending most of my free time watching K-drama instead. I think I will need amber time to clear my tons of backlogs. Please bear with me ok! Anyway, I'm going to get started with this cookie. This cookie is rated as one of the Top 10 favourites by Browneyedbaker, one of the blog I frequent. So I gave it a try too as I was curious how it will be liked with Snickers!
For those who love peanut butter, snickers and soft chewy texture cookie, you going to love this. As for me, I still prefer crunchy cookie.
Recipe adapted from Browneyedbaker: (I have reduced the sugar to suit my taste)
1¼ cups Plain flour¾ tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Baking powder
¼ tsp salt
115g Unsalted butter
1 cup Creamy peanut butter
½ cup Fine sugar
¼ cup Light brown sugar
1 tbsp Milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1½ cups Snickers candy bars - chopped (about 4 regular size bars)
¾ cup Chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
1. Beat butter, peanut butter & sugar till light & fluffy.
2. Add in egg gradually and mix well.
3. Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix again.
4. Add the sifted flour mixture and beat until flour disappears. Stir in the chopped Snickers and chocolate chips.
5. Use a cookie scoop or drop by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets. Gently flatten each cookie ball with the palm of your hand.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cookies are slightly brown on the edges.
7. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 to 10 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
I'm submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #7: Chocolate Delight (May 2011) hosted by Doris of Tested & Tasted.