Made this non baked durian cheesecake sometimes ago to clear off the last batch of durian flesh sitting in my freezer. This cheesecake is really yummy as it filled with strong durian fragrant. The texture is smooth and creamy! By adding nuts and choc crunch, it further enhance the texture and flavour too. I brought almost the whole cake to office as my family don't fancy cheesecake. My colleagues all love it and some of them even ask for second helping. I will definitely make this again!
Recipe adapted and modified from Bakericious:
Biscuit Base150g Digestive Biscuits (Crushed)
70g melted butter
Mix biscuit crumbs and melted butter together and press into an 8" loose bottom tin. Chill it till it hardened.
Durian Cream Cheese Filling:
350g Cream cheese
60g Caster sugar
350g Durian flesh (add in 1 tbsp of sugar and cooked over a saucepan till it heated through, set aside to cool)
350g Whipping cream (dairy)
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp Gelatin
3 tbsp Water
50g Chopped pistachio (toasted)
50g Valrhona chocolate crunch
1. Soaked gelatine with water for 5 mins, melt it over a pot of simmering hot water/microwave. Set aside.
2. Whip up the whipping cream & vanilla extract until thicken, transfer it to a bowl. Leave it in the fridge till ready to use.
3. Using the same mixing bowl to beat the cream cheese and sugar on high speed till smooth, stir in the gelatine mixture.
4. Stir in cooked durian flesh and fold in whipped cream till well mix.
5. Pour the mixture into the biscuit base, sprinkle chopped pistachio and choc crunch all over. Chill or freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.