This is another pineapple tarts recipe I attempted recently originated from Jaime Teo of Everybody Loves A Sweet Ending (the owner of Twelve Cupcakes). The pastry is rich tasty and has a very melt in the mouth texture.
Recipe adapted from Jaime Teo with minor alteration.
340g Cake flour
45g Milk powder
15g Custard powder
1/2 tsp Salt
250g Unsalted butter (chilled)
2 tbsp Castor sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3 Egg yolks
500g Pineapple fillings, roll into 7g (S), big 9g (L)
Egg wash: 1 Egg yolk + 1/2 egg white + 2 drops of oil (beaten)
Preheat oven at 170C, lined the baking tray.
1. Sift (A) together, set aside.
2. Cream butter, vanilla and sugar until light.
3. Add egg yolks one at time till well incorporated.
4. Add in (A) and mix till it becomes a dough.
5. Put dough into plastic bags and refrigerate overnight.
6. Next day thaw the dough till rollable, roll out into 1/2cm thickness.
7. Using a pineapple tart mould, press out, egg wash and top with pineapple fillings.