Apr 7, 2013

Pineapple Tarts (another version)


Finally I'm back again! Sorry for the lack of updates since February 2013! I can only say I'm getting lazy and nearly lost the momentum of blogging! However I keep telling myself not to give up as this still very much a part of my hobby. So here I am to slowly fill up my humble blog with my backlogs!



Though CNY was over, I still have plenty of updates on CNY 2013! Please bear with me...lol! Today I like to share another version of the pineapple tarts which I had tried this year. This pastry is not so melt in the mouth type, if you like cookie base pastry then you may give this a go!

Recipe modified from one of my aunt's old recipe.
Ingredients: (small mould - 115 pcs / big mould - 70 pcs)
250g Golden churn butter (canned)
30g Icing sugar
1 no Egg
1 no Egg yolk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
390g Top flour
20g Milk powder
1 tbsp Custard powder
1/2 tsp Salt
Beaten egg for egg wash

500g Ready pineapple paste (store bought)
100g soft butter
(knead the butter into the pineapple paste using a mixer)
Shape the filling into 8-9g balls,  set aside

Method:
Preheat 170 deg C, lined the baking sheet
1. Beat butter and icing sugar for 2 mins at medium speed.
2. Gradually add in the eggs and vanilla till well mix.
3. Turn to low speed, add in sifted dry ingredients to mix well.
4. Roll out the dough into 1/2 cm even thickness and use a tart cutter to press out.*
5. Egg wash the side, then place the pineapple filling on it.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20mins.

*do not over knead the dough to prevent the pastry becomes too hard.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts