I'm sharing another version of Golden Pineapple Balls. Found this recipe in my aunt's recipe file recently and decided to try it. This recipe is quite buttery and more melt in the mouth than my previous recipe. Personally I prefer my old recipe as it's easier to store and taste as good too.
I have never tried cooking the pineapple paste myself and I love to use the paste (Sarawak) @ $6.80 per kg from:
Ailin Bakery House
845 Geylang Road
#01-48 Tanjong Katong Comples
Tel: 6743 2693
Recipe originated from my aunt with some minor alterations.
380 Plain flour
35g Milk powder
275g Butter, unsalted (chilled)
1 tbsp Icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 Egg yolks
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
500g Pineapple paste
Clove for decoration (optional)
Egg wash: 1 egg yolk + 1/2 egg white + 2 drops of oil (beaten)
Preheat oven at 175C, line the tray.
1. Cream butter, icing sugar, salt and vanilla till butter soften.
2. Add in egg yolk and beat till light and fluffy.
3. Fold in flour and milk powder to a smooth dough.
4. Divide pineapple filling into 8g balls.
5. Divide dough into 8g and wrap the filling.
6. Egg wash, decorate with clove (optional) and baked for 15 mins.
7. Cool and store in air-tight container. Keep well for 2 weeks at room temperature.
This year I have tried a few pineapple tart recipes, stay tune for 2 more recipes coming up soon!