Jan 25, 2013

Aunt's Golden Pineapple Balls


I'm sharing another version of Golden Pineapple Balls. Found this recipe in my aunt's recipe file recently and decided to try it. This recipe is quite buttery and more melt in the mouth than my previous recipe. Personally I prefer my old recipe as it's easier to store and taste as good too. 



I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover.


I have never tried cooking the pineapple paste myself and I love to use the paste (Sarawak) @ $6.80 per kg from:
Ailin Bakery House
845 Geylang Road 
#01-48 Tanjong Katong Comples
S(400845)
Tel: 6743 2693




Recipe originated from my aunt with some minor alterations.
Ingredients:
380 Plain flour
35g Milk powder
275g Butter, unsalted (chilled)
1 tbsp Icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 Egg yolks
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
500g Pineapple paste 
Clove for decoration (optional)
Egg wash: 1 egg yolk + 1/2 egg white + 2 drops of oil (beaten) 




Method:
Preheat oven at 175C, line the tray.
1. Cream butter, icing sugar, salt and vanilla till butter soften.
2. Add in egg yolk and beat till light and fluffy.
3. Fold in flour and milk powder to a smooth dough.
4. Divide pineapple filling into 8g balls.
5. Divide dough into 8g and wrap the filling.
6. Egg wash, decorate with clove (optional) and baked for 15 mins.
7. Cool and store in air-tight container. Keep well for 2 weeks at room temperature.



This year I have tried a few pineapple tart recipes, stay tune for 2 more recipes coming up soon!

2 comments :

Janine @ Un Pastiche said...

i like that this recipe uses very little sugar - definitely bookmarking to try! and btw, the storebought pineapple paste, it is quite chunky and fibrous or very well blended?

wensdelight said...

Hi Janine, the paste from Ailin is quite fibrous but the taste is good more tangy. If you prefer a smoother and well blended paste, can try Phoon Huat - Redman premium type. Not bad too.

Happy baking!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts