I have bookmarked this recipe since last year and decided to include it for my CNY bakes 2013!
Tried this recipe if you have extra bak kwa. Is quite unique to taste cookies with bak kwa!
Recipe adapted from Passionate about baking and Anncoo Journal.
125g Unsalted butter (soften)
35g Icing sugar
1 Egg (beaten)
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
200g Plain flour
65g Bak kwa (diced coursely)
Preheat oven at 180 deg C, lined the baking sheet.
1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add in the egg gradually till well incorporated.
3. Add in vanilla and mix well.
4. Add in flour and bak kwa, mix well.
5. Wrap up the dough and chill for 30 mins until firm.
6. Shape the dough into balls and place on a baking tray, spacing out evenly.
7. Baked for 16-18 mins or till it turned light brown.