Mar 2, 2010

CNY Baked Treats 2 by Audrey Tan

31st Jan 2010

 This was the last & 2nd CNY workshop with Audrey Tan (of Freshly Baked by Le Bijoux) I attended at Shermay's before CNY. Compared to the 1st workshop - CNY Baked Treat 1, the recipes for this workshop were not as interesting to me but still an enjoyable one. At least I had learnt some techniques in making agar agar.


A box of freshly baked treat to take home



Rose-Almond Cupcakes


Rose-flavoured almond-based cupcakes topped with fondant. 


 Yuzu Mini Bundt Cake


Yuzu-flavour butter pound cake baked in beautiful Nordic Ware mini bundt tins. 


Kumqat Cookies


Cookies with candied kumqat in the centre. 


Festive Jelly (agar agar masak)


Traditional agar agar, a symbol of prosperity and wealth, cooked in the old-fashioned way. Air dry instead of setting it in the fridge. 


Black Sesame Lamingtons


A traditional Australian cake - Black sesame mini sponge cake coated with coconut flakes. Something very new to me and I have never tasted anything like this before. Anyway, it was quite nice.


 

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I loves to visit your blog. Well done, keep it up!!! Thank you for sharing.

I also attended CNY Baked Treats 2, but never get a chance to meet up with U.

God Bless,
IreneYong

Wen said...

Hi Irene,

Thanks for visiting.

I will be attending workshop at Shermay's again on 6/3/10. Hope to see you!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Ohhh...that's great. I will be there too.
Are U attending Audrey's Cupcakes Class?? I have signed up for that too.

IreneYong :)

Wen said...

Hi Irene,

Great we may meet each other. The cupcake class I didn't sign up maybe will consider attending if my friend is going too.

Rgds
Wendy

Anita said...

How i wish i am there to join you girls :(

Post a Comment

Popular Posts